Campion Hall is a permanent private Hall of the University, founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1896. For many years its main role was the undergraduate education of young members of the Society (in subjects other than Philosophy and Theology). Its current members, who are mostly Jesuits, are engaged in graduate studies and research, as well as teaching in the University. The main building of the Hall is the work of Sir Edwin Lutyens, and dates from 1936. The collection was originally assembled at that period, and has been added to since.
It is stressed that the paintings at Campion Hall are not in public ownership. In accordance with the charitable aims of the College, which is a private institution, we are including our paintings on this website to widen public awareness and for the benefit of scholarship.
The collection is private and distributed throughout the Hall: it is not on public view. Access is normally restricted to those involved in academic scholarship or research. Applications should be made to: The Master, Campion Hall, Oxford, OX1 1QS.